(L-R) Head Coach Russ Plummer, Assistant Coach Devin Bolt, Assistant Coach Alex Tummons, Head Trainer Paul Good
Head Coach Russ Plummer
Coach Plummer took over the Hendersonville High School Soccer Program in the fall of 1987 after several years with the national soccer powerhouse program at Indiana University. He attended Indiana University, where he served as an Administrative Assistant from 1983-1987. While at Indiana, the men's team won the NCAA National Championship in 1983, and were NCAA National Finalists in 1984. Coach Plummer continues to elevate the Hendersonville program into one of the premier high school programs in the State of Tennessee.
- 2010 NSCAA National Region Coach of the Year (men)
- 2010, 1998, 1989 Tennessee State Coach of the Year (men)
- 1994 Tennesse Sports Writers Assocation Coach of the Year (women)
- Over 383 career wins with the men's program, 3 State Championships 1989, 1998 and 2010, 3 State Finalists 1990, 2005 and 2006, and 10 State Tournament appearances
- Over 387 career wins with the women's program, 1 State Finalist 2003 and 6 State Tournament appearances
- Coached 3 high school All-Americans and over 100 college players
Assistant Coach Alex Tummons
Coach Tummons graduated with honors from Hendersonville High School where was a 4 year varsity starter. During his high school playing career, her garnered many accolades:
- All-County MVP, All-County Defensive MVP, All-County 1st Team 3x
- All-District 3x, All-District Tournament 3x
- District Defensive Player of the Year, District 9 Most Valuable Player
- Tennessean All-Midstate 1st Team
- 2009 The Tennessean (newspaper) Midstate Player of the Year
- All-State 3x
After high school, Coach Tummons played collegiately at Belmont University in Nashville, TN. He graduated with a B.A. Degree and Masters Degree from The University of Tennessee. He holds both a National "E" and National "D" coaching license.
Assistant Coach Devin (Woodard) Bolt
"Coach D", as she is affectionately known in the program, graduated as an Honor Student from Hendersonville High School in 2005. She was a 4-year varsity player under Coach Plummer where she garnered many accolades:
- Named All-County, All-Tournament, All-District, All Mid-State, All-State
- Recipient of the prestigious Coach's Award
Injuries prevented Coach D from playing in college, but she attended Middle Tennessee State University where she earned her Bachelors of Business Administration degree.
Injuries prevented me from playing college soccer, which is why I started coaching. She currently holds USSF E and D Licenses.
Head Trainer Paul Good III
Coach Plummer refers to Paul as a "Rockstar" at Hendersonville High School, because he's so well-known and liked by the students and faculty. Paul graduated from Buchholz High School in Gainesville, FL. In college, he received Dean's List Honors multiple semesters while earning his Bachelor's Degree from the University of Florida and his Master's Degree from the University of Kentucky. 2016 marks his 18th year at HHS, but he has spent 20 years working with athletes at all levels including UF, UK, Georgia Tech and the Nashville Kats Arena Football League franchise. He spends countless hours at many school sporting events including football, basketball, and soccer.
Paul's certifications include:
- National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification
- American Heart Association CPR Certification
Paul's honors include:
- 2003 Seata High School Athletic Trainer of the Year
- 2010 recipient of the National Athletic Trainers' Association District 9 Gatorade Secondary School Athletic Trainer Award